Machine Learning Engineer
London, United Kingdom
As a key member of our engineering team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software life cycle: design, implementation, testing, experimentation, and fixing any bugs you create. We’re looking for someone who is willing to dive deep, experiment and iterate rapidly, and get things done.
- Maintain and optimise the large-scale Machine Learning infrastructure that powers our Search ranking models.
- Use Natural Language Processing to understand text content to extract useful content, review summaries/highlights, sentiment analysis from reviews, and also improve our bias-detection algorithms.
- Work with other engineers to implement algorithms, abstractions and systems in an efficient way, with strong positive impact on our user-facing products
- Identify new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to different parts of the GI Product
- Take end-to-end ownership of Machine Learning systems - from data pipelines and training to real-time prediction engines
- At least 4 years of industry experience in Machine Learning
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, with strong fundamentals
- A strong track record of innovating in end-to-end Machine Learning, Statistics, Recommendations, Targeting, or Data Mining
- Strong programming skills in Python/Java/C/C++
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning tools, libraries and corpora (e.g. Scikit, WEKA, NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP, Wikipedia corpus etc.)
- Good understanding of common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection and other practical machine learning issues, such as overfitting
- Experience in operating Linux-based systems
- Experience with MapReduce, Spark and Hive are a plus
- A drive to build useful products that delight users
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to mentor a young team
- Experience building engineering teams from scratch is a plus