Software Engineer - Web
San Francisco, California
We are looking for stellar web developers who are fluent in current best practices for responsive and accessible web development. We work in small and agile teams, and collaborate with design, product, and backend teams to implement features and improvements quickly. We are looking for people who can have an immediate impact. If developing world class web applications and attention to detail are central to your game then this may be perfect for you.
- Create fast and functional and intuitive interfaces for our services
- Own what you build as you prototype, create, optimise, test, deploy, and refine the front end of our pages and services
- Drive huge impact by optimizing, fixing, and changing things with our continuous deployment systems that pushes features to production over 10 times a day
- Build efficient and reusable front end systems and abstractions
- Build next generation web applications in collaboration with leading partners in the industry that push the limits of browsers and the web
- Working with designers and backend engineers to deliver new features and elegant interfaces across mobile and desktop
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks for supporting our high-volume website
- Work with the real time feedback from our users (external and internal) to make the products better
- Discover, design, develop, deploy, debug. Repeat!
- HTML and Web Standards, CSS / LESS / SASS / SCSS.
- Strong understanding of Browser rendering path, client-side performance and browser compatibility.
- Knowledge of the latest in web technologies like Progressive Web Apps, Accelerated Mobile pages etc
- Understanding of SEO, Semantic HTML, Usability and Accessibility.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Strong Product design principles and pixel-perfect implementation of design into code.
- Good understanding of web application security and most common attack vectors & controls.
- Extreme care about quality and obsession with performance & willingness to spend time obsessively testing own and team’s work.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Ability to unlearn and adapt to the fast moving technology environment.
- Excellent communication skills and fits well in a collaborative and charged fast paced workspace.